Villa Lari Lar
Project Location: Limassol, Cyprus
Project Background Brief
Having previously installed a system for the client in his London home, the client wanted a similar no nonsense, intuitive, responsive and reliable system in his home in Cyprus. Link It Solutions worked to a budget to meet the following objectives;
- A lighting system that can be easily integrated into the client’s preferred smart home system whilst have the functionality to work independently, in case of any issues with the over arching system.
- Fully controlled indoor and outdoor lighting for everyday use.
- Perimeter CCTV coverage for security, available to all TVs and wall panels.
- Ability to control CCTV remotely.
- Ability to control the main gate to the property for entry and exit remotely.
- Easy to use multi-zone music system.
Due to the client’s love for entertaining he wanted the ability to entertain both indoors and outdoors by putting the music system in party mode playing the same source to multiple zones at different volumes, from the living room to the outdoor swimming pool, covered gazebo and seating areas on the patio. Link It Solutions designed an Elan whole home system with multi room AV and a robust network using Luxul access point connected to a wireless controller, this ensured full coverage with a single SSID for seamless roaming.
A 39 circuit Rako lighting control system was installed providing full control of indoor and outdoor lighting network cabling and coaxial cabling was also extended to the guest house to ensure resources could be shared from the main house.
Lighting was designed and programmed by Link It Solutions in collaboration with the client using the Rako system and integration with Elan. Special macros for scenes such as Away mode, Welcome Home, Movie mode and Cleaning were created and Rako's Dawn to Dusk settings were used for particular lights on the perimeter of the property.
Rako's Holiday mode was also configured allowing the client to playback up to two weeks of organic lighting behaviour while away from the property.
Rako was chosen as it met the client's brief perfectly. The lighting control system is easy to use, can operate as a standalone system if required, whilst it seamlessly integrates with third party smart home systems.