Training & CPDs
At Rako we run a number of training courses for Dealers & Installers throughout the year. There are two courses available; a Foundation course which is an 'Introduction to Lighting Controls' and a Software course that covers the Rako wired system and programming.
- Courses are held regularly at Rako's head office in Rochester, Kent
- Each course runs for a single full day, starting at 10:00am and finishing at 4:00pm
- Lunch & refreshments are provided – special dietary requirements can be catered for upon request
The Software course is specifically aimed at installers with previous Rako programming knowledge and the completion of the Rako "Introduction to Lighting Controls" course is highly recommended.
- Free on-site parking
Please note that a laptop (one laptop between two people) is required for the Software course.
- Each course is awarded three CEDIA CEU points
- Dedicated training can be arranged for large groups
- For any other Training enquiries please contact: email@example.com
Dealer training charges from January 2024;
- £125 inc VAT - 1 course
- £250 inc VAT - 2 courses
RIBA CPD - Mastering Lighting Control: A Specifier’s Guide
In this RIBA-accredited CPD, we’ll explore how a smart lighting control system can benefit and enhance the experiences of different users, both personally and practically, in commercial as well as residential settings.
Featuring insights from several lighting designers, the session will also cover some best practice for planning a smart lighting control system, including common terms and the factors to consider to get the best outcomes for your client.
This CPD runs for approximately 45 minutes and will be delivered to you in-person. Online presentations are available on request.
To book your CPD, visit ribacpd.com or contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rako CPD - What will I learn?
Our RIBA-accredited CPD 'Mastering Lighting Control: A Specifier’s Guide' provides an overview of smart lighting controls, including;
- How a smart lighting control system can benefit and enhance the experiences of different users
- How smart lighting controls can be used to complement any type of space or building
- How lighting design can create ambience, highlight features or provide functionality for a task
- How to efficiently plan and specify a lighting control system, so you avoid the common pitfalls and get the best outcome for your client
- Familiarisation with common terms and protocols for dimming
- Ultimately, we hope you’ll have the tools for talking confidently to your clients and with fellow design professionals about smart lighting controls
Rako Dealer Training - What will I learn?
- Company history
- Rako philosophy (What is a scene, simplify control)
- Where can Rako be used and examples - Home cinema, multi-room, garden
- Types of control/dimming
- Rako product range
- Wireless explained (WiFi + RF)
- Keypads (Wired + Wireless)
- Wiring of products and example systems
- Accessories (PIRs etc.)
- Rako addressing structure
Software course - Please note that a laptop (one laptop between two people) is required for the Software course.
- The “Theory” of Rako as an addressed based modular system
- Creating a project file and connecting to communication devices
- Addressing wireless dimmers
- Setting Scenes and basic keypad (RCM) programming
- Wired system initial set up (adding RAK-LINK, WCMs to wired network)
- Programming of RNCs/WCMs to achieve multi-room control
- Combining Wired and Wireless systems to create Hybrid systems
- Mapping RAK-LINK/RxLINK to address RAK dimmers
- Configure the HUB to give App control
- Time based Hub features
- Conditional Hub features