At Rako we run a number of training courses for Dealers & Installers throughout the year. There are two courses available; a Foundation course which is an 'Introduction to Lighting Controls' and an Software course that covers the Rako wired system and programming.
- Courses are held regularly at Rako's head office in Rochester, Kent
- Courses are free of charge
- Each course runs for a single full day, starting at 10:00am and finishing at 4:00pm
- Lunch & refreshments are provided – special dietary requirements can be catered for upon request
The Software course is specifically aimed at installers with previous Rako programming knowledge and the completion of the Rako "Introduction to Lighting Controls" course is highly recommended.
- Free on-site parking
Please note that a laptop (one laptop between two people) is required for the Software course.
- Each course is awarded three CEDIA CEU points
- Dedicated training can be arranged for large groups
- To request a booking, please complete this form
- For any other Training enquiries please contact: email@example.com
What will I learn?
- Company history
- Rako philosophy (What is a scene, simplify control)
- Where can Rako be used and examples - Home cinema, multi-room, garden
- Types of control/dimming
- Rako product range
- Wireless explained (WiFi + RF)
- Keypads (Wired + Wireless)
- Wiring of products and example systems
- Accessories (PIRs etc.)
- Rako addressing structure
Software course - Please note that a laptop (one laptop between two people) is required for the Software course.
- The “Theory” of Rako as an addressed based modular system
- Creating a project file and connecting to communication devices
- Addressing wireless dimmers
- Setting Scenes and basic keypad (RCM) programming
- Wired system initial set up (adding RAK-LINK, WCMs to wired network)
- Programming of RNCs/WCMs to achieve multi-room control
- Combining Wired and Wireless systems to create Hybrid systems
- Mapping RAK-LINK/RxLINK to address RAK dimmers
- Configure the HUB to give App control
- Time based Hub features
- Conditional Hub features